KOLOMNABARS

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » KOLOMNABARS » You are what you read, aren't you? » Reading Club

Reading Club

Сообщений 1 страница 30 из 44

Here we are going to share our impressions about the books we are reading - not right now but this term or year.

First, I expect you to send me a list of books you  have read in the last two years. Please, don't forget to mention how thick (or thin) they were ... - naturally, in pages!!!
Second, I hope to see your choice for this term...

When this is done, a monthly report on your progress is most welcome, if you don't like the idea of classroom presentation better,... do you?

I am going to read "Pride and Prejustice" by JAne Austine this year for my pleasure reading. I didn't watch the film, (to be frank I fell asleep when I started watching it) so I bought the book and I'd like to read it. I think it must be captivating and interesting. Moreover I like novels very much("Gone with the wind" is one of my favourite books, but I read it in Russian)

I will have to read several Shakespear's(right spelling I hope:)) books...

Kate написал(а):

I am going to read "Pride and Prejustice" by JAne Austine

Kate, the choice of the book IS impressive for a second-year student, but you may find it difficult - 19th century with all its wordy grandeur.

My first Jane Austin was in my fourth year - Northumber Abbey (or something like that) - quite a challenge, I must admit. The plot was easy to follow, but you missed detail or rather subtle nuances of meaning which robbed the novel off its beauty.

Good Luck!!!

I've read "Love You to Death" by Meg Cabot and.... I don't remember the others =) but they are like Cabot's books

St@sya написал(а):

I've read "Holywood Wives" by Jane Collins, "Harry Porter and the philosophia's stone" for my pleasure reading, and now i'm reading "Trading up".

You are to have read 4 books - two for each year, so far I see only two, why?

Hello, Tutor! Well what are we going to do in this Reading section !?

Funny Bunny!

You seem to like romantic stuff, what about serious books?

and now I'm going to read a book about Diana

I've read "Holywood Wives" by Jane Collins, "Harry Porter and the philosophia's stone" for my pleasure reading, and now i'm reading "Trading up".

I have read lots of books in English. I'm fond of Dan Brown and now I'm reading his last book. As for the books, which we had to read previous years...well, I read the majority of them,except for the Tender is the Night. To tell the truth, i don't like such kinds of stories.

James Herbert "Nobody's true" 590,
Jackie Collins "Dangerous Kiss" 553,
Gaston Leroux "The Phantom of the Opera",
Daphne Du Maurier "Cousine Rachel",
Daphne Du Morier "Jamaika Inn"

Egor4ik написал(а):

Hello, Tutor! Well what are we going to do in this Reading section !?

Egor4ik, what else can I say but quote myself ...

tutor написал(а):

Here we are going to share our impressions about the books we are reading - not right now but this term or year.

James Herbert "nobody's true"
D.Du Maurier  J"amaica's inn'
Jackie Collins "Dangerous kiss'
veronica henry "Honeycote"
i'm going to read D.Du Maurier   "my cousin Rachel'

Отредактировано Margoshe4ka (2007-10-11 21:20:58)

Jeffry Archer "Kane and Abel",
Candice Bushnel "Sex and the City"

tutor написал(а):

You seem to like romantic stuff, what about serious books?

I can't say exactly...may be...may be you advice me smth?

As for me I've read... James Herbert "Nobody True", then Haruki Murakami "Dance dance dance" and Daphnie Du Maurier "Freanchman's Creek"... This term Nick Hornby's "High Fidelity" is expecting me =)

Отредактировано s3kozka (2007-10-15 01:24:07)

Tanya написал(а):

James Herbert "Nobody's true" 590,

and

Margoshe4ka написал(а):

James Herbert "nobody's true"

Hm...I see J.Herbert is really popular in our group and we really liked him,didn't we,girls?  ;)

I have read several books:
"Bridget Johnes' diary",
"Crazy for you",
"Mooson''.
Now I will read "Sex andthe City".

Oksushka написал(а):

Now I will read "Sex andthe City".

Oksushka!!! I have read Sex and the city!!! ANd I don't think it a good book to read))) Maybe you will like it more

Kate написал(а):

Oksushka!!! I have read Sex and the city!!! ANd I don't think it a good book to read

Absolutely agree, Kate! It is certainly not the book I would recommend for Pleasure Reading. It's fun stuff, but if one wants to be taken as a serious person, the choice of the book should be reconsidered. Read it for leisure, rather than pleasure. :D

s3kozka написал(а):

Hm...I see J.Herbert is really popular in our group and we really liked him,didn't we,girls?

I wonder why, s3kozka?  :rolleyes:

lyudmila написал(а):

I have read lots of books in English. I'm fond of Dan Brown and now I'm reading his last book. As for the books, which we had to read previous years...well, I read the majority of them,except for the Tender is the Night. To tell the truth, i don't like such kinds of stories.

It's nice that you are an avid reader, please, specify at least 4 tittles which you read in your first and second years?

alis_nerd написал(а):

Jeffry Archer "Kane and Abel",
Candice Bushnel "Sex and the City"

What about two other titles? What are you reading this year?

s3kozka написал(а):

As for me I've read... James Herbert "Nobody True", then Haruki Murakami "Nobody True"

Does your post mean that two different authors wrote two different novels under the same title?

What is the fourth book you read in the second year? I see only three titles...

tutor написал(а):

It's nice that you are an avid reader, please, specify at least 4 tittles which you read in your first and second years?

1. Jenny Crusie “Crazy For You” – 325
2. W. Smith “Monsoon” – 859
3. James Herbert “Nobody True” – 503
4. Mag Cabott “Love you to death” – 198
5. F. Scott Fitzgerald “Tender Is The Night” – 391
6. Julia Llewellyn “If I Were You” – 487
7. Liane Moriarty “Three Wishes” – 376
8. Truman Capote “Breakfast At Tiffany’s” – 157
9. Dan Brown “The Da Vinci Code” – 605
10. Dan Brown “Angels And Demons” – 572
11. Dan Brown “Digital Fortress” – 510
12. Dan Brown “Deception Point” – 585
13. J.K. Rowling “Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows” – 607
14. W. Somerset Maugham “The Moon And The Sixpence” – 257
15. W. Somerset Maugham “Theatre” – 300
16. W. Somerset Maugham “Cakes And Ale Or The Skeleton In The Cupboard” – 254
17. W. Somerset Maugham Selected Prose – 300
18. Bernard Shaw Selected Plays – 254

lyudmila написал(а):

1. Jenny Crusie “Crazy For You” – 325
2. W. Smith “Monsoon” – 859

18. Bernard Shaw Selected Plays – 254

NO COMMENTS!!!

tutor написал(а):

You are to have read 4 books - two for each year, so far I see only two, why?

we read only one book for pleasure reading in the first year(the first half for the winter semester, and the other part in the second semester).I read "Harry Porter..." for the third semester and a half of "Trading up" by Candace Bushnell for the fourth semester(because this book is very big). These books were for pleasure reading and as for individual reading there were such books as "Monsoon", "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and "Tender is the night".

Отредактировано St@sya (2007-11-06 23:19:59)

i have begun reading "My cousin Rachel" by D.Du Maurier

Margoshe4ka написал(а):

i have begun reading "My cousin Rachel" by D.Du Maurier

Better late than never.

Вы здесь » KOLOMNABARS » You are what you read, aren't you? » Reading Club

Создать форум. Создать магазин