KOLOMNABARS

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » KOLOMNABARS » English Club » Films about art - Modiglianni (2004).

Films about art - Modiglianni (2004).

Сообщений 1 страница 18 из 18

Painting is the topic we are starting...

Each of you will have to watch at least two films - a feature film and a documentary.

The disks and the task will be given this week.

The deadline is December, 3rd.

Modigliani is a 2004 biographical film of the Italian artist Amedeo Modigliani.

Set in Paris in 1919, biopic centers on the life of late Italian artist Amedeo Modigliani, focusing on his last days as well as his rivalry with Pablo Picasso. Modigliani, a Jew, has fallen in love with Jeanne, a young and beautiful Catholic girl. The couple has an illegitimate child, and Jeanne's bigoted parents send the baby to a faraway convent to be raised by nuns. Modigliani is distraught and needs money to rescue and raise his child. The answer arrives in the shape of Paris' annual art competition. Prize money and a guaranteed career await the winner. Neither Modigliani, nor his dearest friend and rival Picasso have ever entered the competition, believing that it is beneath true artists like themselves. But push comes to shove with the welfare of his child on the line, and Modigliani signs up for the competition in a drunken and drug-induced tirade. Picasso follows suit and all of Paris is aflutter with excitement at who will win. With the balance of his relationship with Jeanne on the line, Modigliani tackles this work with the hopes of creating a masterpiece, and knows that all the artists of Paris are doing the same.

See Midigliani at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367188/

Plot Synopsis by Mark Deming

A gifted artist wages a personal war against his demons as well as a world that refuses to accept his creative vision in this biographical drama based on the true story of Amedeo Modigliani....

Read it at  http://wc05.allmovie.com/

Your reviews and extra links are welcome!

OVERVIEW

Director:   Mick Davis

Writer:   Mick Davis

Release Date:   1 December 2004 (Russia) more

Genre:   Biography / Drama

Tagline: His passion was life. His obsession was art.

Plot Outline: The story of Amedeo Modigliani's bitter rivalry with Pablo Picasso, and his tragic romance with Jeanne Hebuterne.

Awards: 2 nominations

For details, see:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367188/

Amedeo Clemente Modigliani (July 12, 1884 – January 24, 1920) was an Italian artist, practicing both painting and sculpture, who pursued his career for the most part in France. Modigliani was born in Livorno (historically referred to in English as Leghorn), in Central Italy and began his artistic studies in Italy before moving to Paris in 1906. Influenced by the artists in his circle of friends and associates, by a range of genres and art movements, and by primitive art, Modigliani's œuvre was nonetheless unique and idiosyncratic. He died in Paris of tubercular meningitis— exacerbated by poverty, overworking, and an excessive use of alcohol and narcotics — at the age of 35.

For detail, read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amedeo_Modigliani

They say, that people of art are very strange, they differ from other ppl. A painter , in our case, the main hero, Modeliani, needs new emotions, he needs inspirations, and he finds it in drinking and drugs. Of course, it adversely affects his health. I think, his ruinous habit is the main reason of the tragedy.
As for Jeanne, I would like to say, she didn’t behave right in the end. But it is in MY opinion. Of course, I understand, she loved the great painter very much; she couldn’t even live without him literally. But if I were Jeanne, I wouldn’t have allowed myself to abandon the child…Maybe, my system of spiritual values and my world outlook do not coincide with hers. In some way, she was egoistic, because, when Jeanne committed suicide, she didn’t think of her daughter and her unborn child.
All in all, it’s so sad…

lyudmila написал(а):

Modeliani,

:O
Modigliani, you mean

lyudmila написал(а):

They say, that people of art are very strange, they differ from other ppl.

But all in all, the only thing I can say ....

The impression of the film Modigliani is so mixed because I was shocked by so touching and cruel episodes but at the same time the film showed the greatest gamut of emotions which could have ever appeared among people. We saw the talent of both: the artist and the director of the film/I can’t forgive Jeanne, Modigliani’s wife as she killed herself with the unborn child. I really cried and was deeply impressed by all the dramatic events (there were too much of them) and I would never watch the film again. If I had known about that this film was so hard to watch I would have never accepted it. But we should presume that Modigliani was the greatest artist of his time as even Pablo Picasso at his deathbed was crying his name.

I don’t like the film Modigliani because it seems to be quite cruel. At the same time I impressed by the precise image of the artist and by the great talent of the director of the film who managed to do it/Nevertheless I wish I didn’t see it again.

Margoshe4ka написал(а):

The impression of the film Modigliani is so mixed

Myrka написал(а):

I don’t like the film Modigliani

:O
Well, it is too short for the impression - should be at least twice as long ;)

[взломанный сайт]

I don’t like this film because of its cruelty. For me, it is very hard to watch such films. But, nevertheless, life is a cruel thing. And this can be proved by this film. This film is about great talent, fame and fortune of the artist Modigliani. I think that his drunk and drug addiction was the main reasons of his tragedy. Modigliani died being a relatively unclear figure of the Paris art scene of the early 20th century and. He believed in his work and his passion for art was unconditional. The end of the film is tragic, the story ultimately come together around a painting competition.

All in all, there are two posts which can be considered as reviews - Lyudmilla's and Margoshe4ka's.

St@sya has nearly made it - one more line is needed, while Myrka hasn't - too short.

Funny Bunny - yours would definitely be the best ... if it WERE in English :P

Try to keep the promises you make next time.

Remember there is no time like TODAY.

The discussion is TODAY. :D

The theme will be closed tonight  :(  - hurry up if you have anything to say :D

I've just seen the film about Modigliani and was quite impressed by it.It isn't just some funny and romantic stuff that is created only to entertain us, as far as I believe, the director saw his aim in shaking all our feelings and emotions, turning them upside down and shoking us. To my mind, he managed to do it. He showed us the life of the artist, of the talented artist, truthfully and without any imaginary facts. Talanted persons are often very sensible and usually don't understand the world around, so they find their peace in taking drugs or drinking alcohol, but it always don't bring them any good. I felt greatly sorry for the tragic fate of the protagonist, wouldn't forget this film for quite a long time.

Вы здесь » KOLOMNABARS » English Club » Films about art - Modiglianni (2004).

Создать форум. Создать магазин