KOLOMNABARS

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » KOLOMNABARS » In the world of cinema » Christmas movies - cartoons

Christmas movies - cartoons

Сообщений 1 страница 9 из 9

Though we are still deep in the topic Painting, we are to watch Christmas cartoons this week - to get a Christmas spirit.

There are three of them - you may watch as many as you like, but the must is one cartoon.

The task is to write a review of the cartoon of your choice on the forum OR to make up a topic reviewing it according to our plan.

The choice is UP TO you. ;)

If you decide on the forum, mind the criteria: :rolleyes:

1) The review must have 150 words or more. :O

2) It must be proof-read (TWO typos at most). :(

3) It must include the gist of the film and your impression of the film in general, theme and its interpretation, and the message. :/

The first film is The Nightmare Before Christmas, a 1993 film produced by Tim Burton and directed by Henry Selick. The film follows Jack Skellington, the leader of a holiday-themed world known as Halloween Town, who becomes bored of his repetitive lifestyle and eventually stumbles upon the world of Christmas Town; interested in the new world's culture, Jack attempts to combine the two holidays, with unexpectedly disastrous results.

For detail, see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nightm … _Christmas

Second, there is The Polar Express ,  a 2004 feature film based on the children's book of the same title by Chris Van Allsburg.

The film, directed by Robert Zemeckis, is entirely live-action using performance capture technology, which incorporates the movements of live actors into animated characters. It stars actor Tom Hanks in five distinct roles, including the role of Santa Claus.

For detail, see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Polar_Express_(film)

Finally, there is Christmas Carol: The Movie,  a 2001 British animated film based on the Charles Dickens classic novel. Directed by Jimmy T. Murakami, the film features the voices of numerous actors including Nicolas Cage, Kate Winslet who also sang the film's theme "What If", Simon Callow, and Jane Horrocks. The music and songs were written, composed and performed by Julian Nott who also did the Wallace and Gromit theme tune.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259929/

Christmas Carol

The theme of greediness on the Christmas Eve is not new, because it is known by the famous Charles Dickens’ story. The plot is used in different pictures, cartoons, books for children. Nevertheless, it still teaches people not to be so busy earning money, because it is impossible to have all the riches of the world. The message is that our life is too short to avoid ordinary things as having a happy family, getting pleasure from doing something for your neighbors (e.g. to give a present, o sing a carol). From his youth Ebenezer Scrooge tried to work hard without paying his attention to simple happiness which has always surrounded him. The Ghosts of the Past and the Present couldn’t have managed to correct his lifestyle. But the Ghost of the Future taught him to be kind at once, after he had seen what was waiting for him in the near future. I was very glad to know that Ebenezer Scrooge managed to overcome his rough manners, as in depth he was always kind (it is just enough to remember his touching attitude to the mouse). It is a topical subject for the times.

The Polar Express

My general impression is quiet good, as I have passed the evening very nice watching this family Cartoon. I was surprised a little bit how the story proved the existence of Santa Claus. Even being a rather big boy the Hero was disappointed that his father usually dressed into the Father Christmas and brought presents himself. At that very moment the Polar Express arrived to his house. I presume that this train was coming for all children who stopped believing. The topical theme in the cartoon is believing. A lot of times the characters said that SEEING IS BELIEVING. Even in real life we know that there is no Santa Claus, we always should hope and believe in the best, as without it our life would be senseless and dark. If today a person has had troubles at work it is worth continuing working and hope in himself, on the contrary, he is a very unhappy and miserable person.Believing symbolically returns us back to the childhood making our life easier and lively.

Margoshe4ka написал(а):

Christmas Carol

Margoshe4ka написал(а):

The Polar Express

Impressive!

The Nightmare Before Christmas.
As for me, I like the story, which tells us about a young man, who lives in his world of Halloween, where people do not know anything except for fear and every year they have only one holiday – Halloween, of course.
So, this young man wants to change his boring life, he wants to include sth new in their holiday and he suddenly opens a country of Christmas. And he decides to have this holiday in their country too… Unfortunately, everything ends disastrously, but at the same time very teaching for Jack and his fellows.
I think, this movie is called so, because the Halloween is before X-mas – FIRST OF ALL.
But maybe at the same time, it means, that somebody dared to spoil this national holiday, and for everyone it was a real nightmare.
As for the main hero, Jack, he is too self-confident. Of course, he is very famous, and he is proud of it. But we should understand him too – he is young and already knows everything, he is just bored with his life. He wants changes, and X-mas is an ideal change for him. Certainly, I completely disapprove his tryings to kidnap Santa Claus, his rude and reckless behaviour, trying to do X-mas himself. But on the other hand, he didn’t want to hurt anyone,Jack just wanted to entertain everybody, first of all himself.
Fortunately for everyone (but with awful consequences) Jack gave up the idea of mixing 2 holidays and giving awful presents to children instead of Santa Claus. He calmed down and began to build relationships with a girl, Sally, who played not a last role in this story.
I think, the main message is to do your own business and not interfere in others’ one.

Beside the Wikipedia, you can see additional info on

http://www.open.ge/el/?base=&view=0 … hristmas/'

[взломанный сайт]

Вы здесь » KOLOMNABARS » In the world of cinema » Christmas movies - cartoons

Создать форум. Создать магазин