KOLOMNABARS

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » KOLOMNABARS » Listen, do you hear...? » Meg Cabbot's Club

Meg Cabbot's Club

Сообщений 1 страница 25 из 25

This term's listening project is based on Cabbot's story. Nothing out of the ordinary, but still ... young love, romance and bla-bla-bla. The weekly quota is one chapter. You are to share your impressions after listening to each part ... as part of your hometask, of course.

We are starting Meg Cabot's novel this week.

The first two handouts are ready for downloading.

You can find them in the English Club!

Do not forget to POST your impressions here.

impressions on what? what we wiil listen to?

I've listened to the first chapter and I'm really intrigued by the continuation of the story. To my mind, Sam is a tallanted artist and she should not regard art classes as such a bad idea. She had a tallent and I believe have future as a famous artist. But only talent is not enough. To become a good artist you should get some skills. And Sam can get these skills at art lessons. She is afraid to loose her individual style during the classes, but she isn't right. The experienceв teachers won't stamp out her individuality, they will only help her to open new aptitudes and new vision of the art.

ok, i will download the hanouts...

Recently I've listened to 2 first tracks and I really think, this is a very interesting story about the typical american girl, all her problems, which, I think, touch not only the main heroine, but maybe us. :) I'm looking forward to listening to next tracks

lyudmila написал(а):

the typical american girl,

Does Sam really look like or rather sound like an ordinary girl?  ;)

Track one:
Sam is a typical American girl, whose  mother is an environmental lawyer and father is an international economist. The youngest sister goes to the school for intellectual gifted children .Sam, the main character, can not stand her elder sister, who is a cheerleader. This track describes Sam’s personal displease by Lucy. Once she told on parents about Sam’s “C “for German. Instead of studying it Sam devoted her time to celebrity drawings. As a punishment she was to start extra German classes of after classes.
Track 2:
Sam’s friend Catherine couldn’t believe that Sam’s hobby is drawing. Catherine was a middle child like the narrator. Her mother was super Christian. Sam spoke about her attitude towards non-English speaking girls, as once she had had to live in an African country with the family and had had problems with the  pronunciation of some sounds after it as their was different standard of speaking English. She was selling pictures for 50 cents for each, as she was allowed to draw after her German tasks were done.Sam told us a few unpleasant words about her younger sister, and Lucy.

Отредактировано Margoshe4ka (2007-11-15 09:49:30)

I listened to 2 tracks, but i didn't understand everything, unfortunately. Maybe, i was listening not very attentively? What do you think, my dear tutor?

Hello! I've listened to the second track. It's much more difficult, than the first, but I do want to learn, what will be next.

Myrka написал(а):

I listened to 2 tracks, but i didn't understand everything, unfortunately. Maybe, i was listening not very attentively? What do you think, my dear tutor?

:O You don't say so - I cannot believe it.

Well, it WAS a question...

When you listen to something for the first time it IS difficult because you have no expectations whatsoever. Look through the task to get an idea of the text you are to hear, then listen once or twice, thrice if there is a need. ;)

Настена написал(а):

Hello! I've listened to the second track. It's much more difficult, than the first, but I do want to learn, what will be next.

Track number 3  :D

The news of the day:

The admin is away on a business trip, so we have to do without him for a week or so.

I have already e-mailed you the tasks for CD 1 Tracks 3-4, the next task will be sent within 2-3 days.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

CD1 track 3
It was Sam’s first day to go to the art studio, and Theresa, an old woman, who worked for the family, drove her there. One of the duties was to exact discipline, and she set strict limits for Samantha. So, Theresa accompanied the girl to the door, grumbling at Sam and at her wish to dye her hair black and other things, which are peculiar to this age.
The studio was on top of the record shop, and Theresa didn’t like it at all. On entering the studio, a black crow squawked at them. Susan Boone turned out to be shorter, than Sam, but she had unusual long hair which reached the waist, which impressed Samantha much.

CD 1 track 4
So, Samantha found herself in a studio, where everybody was busy with their drawings. Susan introduced the girl to the rest of the group. She at once noticed a boy, and liked him, but unfortunately, he wasn’t her age, besides, he wasn’t as cute as Jack. Susan asked everybody to draw a still life. While drawing, Sam didn’t see the crow swipe at her head and steal her hair. The girl was shocked.
When, the class was over, Sam realized, her drawing was the best. She felt sorry for the others. She was the best among the grown-ups, and Sam liked this idea.

Отредактировано lyudmila (2007-11-26 23:05:13)

lyudmila написал(а):

CD1 track 3

Impressed!

I have listened tracks from 3-6 and it was a great surprise for me, that nearly everything was clear to understand..my interest has grown :)

I've listened to the 3-d and 4-th tracks. I'm very surprised, but I've understood more, than in the previous parts!!!

Margoshe4ka написал(а):

I have listened tracks from 3-6 and it was a great surprise for me, that nearly everything was clear to understand..my interest has grown

Настена написал(а):

I've listened to the 3-d and 4-th tracks. I'm very surprised, but I've understood more, than in the previous parts!!!

That makes two of you! :D

Winter has come!
[взломанный сайт]

Track 3.
Theresa came from Morocco and did everything about Sam’s house. Her unofficial duty was setting the limits for the children. One day she has to drive Sam to the art studio. While they were getting there Theresa was setting limits too as she knew Sam’s character. The craw squawked at them at the moment of their entering the studio. That moment Susan Boone, the teacher, came up to them. She seemed to resemble the elves’ queen.

Track 4.
After Theresa left, Susan introduces Sam to everybody. The girl liked David most of all, as they had much in common. Susan gave the task to draw still life. The craw attacked Sam as her hair was brightly red. Then Sam appreciated her drawing the best in comparison with the others’.

Track 5.
Susan discussed with each one his drawings. Sam’s one was the best; nevertheless Susan criticized her because the girl draw from her mind but not what she saw. Later, Jack listened to her and laughed. He advised Sam to fight with the system, as if Picasso drew what he saw he wouldn’t have become so famous. Sam decided he was right.

Track 6.
On Thursday it was raining hard and that is why Theresa couldn’t see Sam to the door of the art studio. It gave Sam an opportunity to skip the lesson. Then Sam bought 2 boxes of cookies in Capitol Cookies and went to listen to the music in the Static. After it she felt sorry for herself because she was 15, she was misunderstood, rejected, broken and without boyfriend

Margoshe4ka написал(а):

Track 3.
Track 4.
Track 5.
Track 6.

Margoshe4ka написал(а):

Track 6 ... 2 boxes of cookies...

:O
Sure? Do you mean she was a glutton?  :lol:

It's so surprise for me, but my interest has greately grown, I've listened to the 5-6-d tracks and understood nearly everything!!!!!!!

Настена написал(а):

It's so surprise for me, but my interest has greately grown, I've listened to the 5-6-d tracks and understood nearly everything!!!!!!!

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!! :)

i haven't been here for ages!!!!!and what are talking about?

Вы здесь » KOLOMNABARS » Listen, do you hear...? » Meg Cabbot's Club

Создать форум. Создать магазин