KOLOMNABARS

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » KOLOMNABARS » Music in my life » My favourite music or what gives me a kick

My favourite music or what gives me a kick

Сообщений 1 страница 21 из 21

Let's write about our favourite music and share what we like about it.

My Halloween present for Rihanna's fans  :/

This is Rihanna's official site, have a look  ;)

http://www.rihannanow.com/

Here you can find lyrics of her songs:

http://www.azlyrics.com/r/rihanna.html

Here is Rihanna's bio, songs and radiobroadcasts to listen and videos to watch, and to download ... alas, not for free :(

http://music.yahoo.com/ar-19712698---Rihanna

"Unfaithful" :O

Story of my life
Searching for the right
But it keeps avoiding me
Sorrow in my soul
Cause it seems that wrong
Really loves my company

He's more than a man
And this is more than love
The reason that the sky is blue
The clouds are rolling in
Because I'm gone again
And to him I just can't be true

And I know that he knows I'm unfaithful
And it kills him inside
To know that I am happy with some other guy
I can see him dying

I don't wanna do this anymore
I don't wanna be the reason why
Everytime I walk out the door
I see him die a little more inside
I don't wanna hurt him anymore
I don't wanna take away his life
I don't wanna be...
A murderer

I feel it in the air
As I'm doing my hair
Preparing for another date
A kiss upon my cheek
As he reluctantly
Asks if I'm gonna be out late
I say I won't be long
Just hanging with the girls
A lie I didn't have to tell
Because we both know
Where I'm about to go
And we know it very well

Cause I know that he knows I'm unfaithful
And it kills him inside
To know that I am happy with some other guy
I can see him dying

Everytime I walk out the door
I don't wanna hurt him anymore
I don't wanna be...
A murderer

Our love, his trust
I might as well take a gun and put it to his head
Get it over with
I don't wanna do this
Anymore
Uh
Anymore (anymore)

And everytime I walk out the door
And I don't wanna hurt him anymore
I don't wanna be...
A murderer (a murderer)

No no no no

Yeah yeah yeah

my tastes  of  music giving me a kick as diverse as peoples in thr world..from Gothic Rock to some pop compositions...(epica, within Temptation, Catharsis, Notre-Dame de Paris, black-eyed peas, rihanna...)may be is sounds strange, but I am such a listener

As for me, I enjoy listening to just music, without any words, because sometimes, there is no sense in words. I like to listen to jazz and classical music  also, such composers as Bach and Debussy deserve admiration, to my mind. I like Space, Jean Michele Jarre. And sometimes I listen to trance, but the most favourite genre is easy listening.

Margoshe4ka написал(а):

from Gothic Rock

Gothic rock (sometimes called goth rock or simply goth) is a genre of rock music that originated during the late 1970s. Originally bands from the genre were referred to as positive-punkby the music press and had strong ties to the English punk rock and emerging post-punk styles.

The genre itself was defined as a separate movement from punk rock during the early 1980s. Some gothic rock bands were more art and introspectively based than punk rock. Gothic rock dealt with dark themes and intellectual movements such as gothic horror, Romanticism, existential philosophy, and nihilism. Notable gothic rock bands include Bauhaus, The Cure, Siouxsie & the Banshees, The Sisters of Mercy and The Mission.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_rock

Do you recognize the group's logo?

lyudmila написал(а):

sometimes I listen to trance

:O
Trance is a style of electronic music that developed in the 1990s. Trance music is generally characterized by a tempo of between 130 and 160 BPM, featuring repeating melodic synthesizer phrases, and a musical form that builds up and down throughout a track. It often features crescendos and breakdowns. Sometimes vocals are also utilized. The style is arguably derived from a combination of largely electronic music such as ambient music, techno, and house.
The origin of the term is ambiguous with suggestions that the term is derived from the Klaus Schulze album Trancefer or the early trance act Dance 2 Trance though it is likely that both these uses are linked to the perceived ability of a drum beat to induce altered states of consciousness. As this music is almost always played in nightclubs at popular vacation spots and in inner cities, trance can be understood as a form of club music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trance_music

As for me, I've been always considered to be a music-lover and my music collection is very huge, but as I remember at classes you were confused with the term "Synthpop". So just let me tell a few words about this kind of music, because I find it quite impressive....

Synthpop
is a subgenre of New Wave in which the synthesizer is the dominant musical instrument. It is most closely associated with the era between the late 1970s and early to middle 1980s, although it has continued to exist and develop ever since. Kraftwerk and Yellow Magic Orchestra are often hailed as the pioneers of the style.

While most current popular music in the industrialized world is realized via electronic instruments, synthpop has its own stylistic tendencies which differentiate it from other music produced by the same means. These include the exploitation of artificiality (the synthesizers are not used to imitate acoustic instruments), the use of mechanical sounding rhythms, vocal arrangements as a counterpoint to the artificiality of the instruments, and ostinato patterns as an effect. Synthpop song structures are generally the same as in other popular music.

Отредактировано s3kozka (2007-11-07 01:13:51)

Synthpop is sometimes confused with electropop, which is generally regarded to be a particular style of synthpop that incorporates the more robotic elements and feel of electro music. The term "synthpop" has also become increasingly used in goth and industrial circles to describe various alternative electronic artists who have used influences from synthpop, particularly those in the electronic body music and futurepop genres such as VNV Nation, Covenant, Mesh, And One, Melotron, S.P.O.C.K, Beborn Beton and Wolfsheim. It is otherwise generally used in its more classic sense, referring to early/mid 1980s synthesizer-driven pop acts (e.g., Depeche Mode, Erasure) and sometimes, less precisely, to a variety of New Romantic pop acts from the same era (e.g., Duran Duran, Ultravox, Visage, Japan, and Spandau Ballet).

Here are some links about the groups playing this music:

Depeche Mode

http://www.depechemode.com/
http://www.depechemode.su/

Kraftwerk

http://www.kraftwerk.com/
kraftwerk.technopop.com.br/

A-ha
wwwa-ha.ru/
wwwa-ha.com

And these are some russian synthpop groups:

Tehnologia
wwwtehnologia.info/

LP(LondonParis)

wwwlpmusic.ru
wwwmyspace.com/londonparismusic

2005 saw Rihanna rocking the mic on tour with Gwen Stefani, making crowds sweat in Japan, posing for magazine covers in Los Angeles and shooting her first film role for Bring It On Yet Again. This was a long way from the quiet life she led in Barbados in the parish of St.Michael. Robyn Rihanna Fenty has come through her musical initiation process unscathed. And now she is poised for everything that 2006 may hold as she readies to do it again with her sophomore release A Girl Like Me.

"I grew up so much this past year. I had no choice. To pursue my dreams, and with their support, I left my entire family in Barbados to move to the States. It was a little scary to have no friends or family and all of a sudden step into a recording studio," recalled Rihanna.

"2005 taught me the dedication and responsibility it takes to make this dream a reality. Waking up at 5:00 am to start rehearsals, the training, the schoolwork, interviews, video shoots, going all day; it always seemed glamorous but it is real work. My love for music and singing will never change but the rose colored glasses are no longer so rosy."

During the recording of A Girl Like Me, Rihanna jet set down to Jamaica to record with Sean Paul on the yardie duet "Break It Off." Smiling, Rihanna explains, "I have so much respect and love for Sean Paul. He took me to visit the Bob Marley Museum before going into the studio, which was an amazing experience. When we finally got to the studio, I felt as though Marley's spirit was in the room with us."

With A Girl Like Me, the beautiful singer proves that her breakthrough was no fluke. After selling 1 million copies worldwide of her debut Music Of The Sun, once again, the summer belongs to Rihanna.

And these are some more pictures of Rihanna for you

when I was 8 I liked A-HA, Depeche Mode,at that time they were better.Now there appeared lots of changes in their style and  music...

Отредактировано Margoshe4ka (2007-11-08 09:19:02)

s3kozka написал(а):

And these are some russian synthpop groups: Tehnologia

Dear me, I know the style.

When I was a teen, we liked those guys in leather clothes with their ...mmmm...don't know how to put it... voices. They were number 1 at a time...
That is the way I remember them ...

Thank you, S3kozka, it's news that they are back ... after a long period of silence.

s3kozka написал(а):

Depeche Mode

Well, these guys atarted at about the same time, but are certainly better survivers... :D

Depeche Mode are an electronic music group that formed in 1980 in Basildon, Essex, England. The group's original lineup consisted of David Gahan (lead vocals), Martin Gore (keyboards, guitar, vocals, chief songwriter after 1981), Andrew Fletcher (keyboards) and Vince Clarke (keyboards, chief songwriter 1980–81). Vince Clarke left the band after the release of their 1981 debut album, and was replaced by Alan Wilder (production, lead keyboards) who was a band member from 1982 to 1995. Following Wilder's departure, Gahan, Gore, and Fletcher have performed as a trio.

Depeche Mode are one of the longest-lived, most successful and influential bands to have emerged from the New Romantic and New Wave era. As of 2006, it was estimated that they had sold over 91 million records (56 million albums and 35 million singles) worldwide and have had forty-four songs in the UK Singles Chart. Despite this enormous success, they have had more Top 40 hits in the UK without a #1 hit than any other artist.

Cool, aren't they?

alis_nerd написал(а):

With A Girl Like Me, the beautiful singer proves that her breakthrough was no fluke. After selling 1 million copies worldwide of her debut Music Of The Sun, once again, the summer belongs to Rihanna.

Well, no FLUKE - WOW!
Fluke is a slang word for 'an occurence based solely on luck or chance'.

George Starostin runs an interesting site about music styles - I saw things I had never thought of seeing.

Have a look!

http://starling.rinet.ru/music/zstyles.htm

Вы здесь » KOLOMNABARS » Music in my life » My favourite music or what gives me a kick

Создать форум. Создать магазин