KOLOMNABARS

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » KOLOMNABARS » Music in my life » Reamonn

Reamonn

Сообщений 1 страница 18 из 18

Reamonn is a German rock band that is well known all over Europe. Its members are Rea Garvey (voice/acoustic guitar), Uwe (lead guitar), Sebi (saxophone/Hammond organ/keyboards), Mike Gommeringer (Gomezz) (drums), and Phil (bass guitar).

Отредактировано St@sya (2007-11-20 23:20:48)

The birth of the band

Once upon a time there was an Irish student band called “The Reckless Pedestrians” with Rea as singer and guitarist. The band went to Germany playing some small gigs in a pub, that was the first time Mike saw them.

In 1997 Rea decided to turn his back on his band and home town Tralee and decided to leave for Germany, more precisely to Illmensee in Swabia,  with only  50,00 DM money and a Demo-CD in his pocket. At the same  time Mike read an advertisment in the local newspaper, called “Stockacher Anzeiger”: Irish musician looking for a band for album and tour” .

“Must be the Irish singer of the Reckless  Pedestrians”, Mike thought and called the given number in the newspaper and….surprise , it was Rea he was talking to.

Mike and Rea met and got along right from the start. Mike knew Sebi, Sebi knew Uwe and Uwe brought along Philipp. So the band Reamonn was born! Very simple, isn´t it?

Отредактировано St@sya (2007-11-20 23:25:05)

Some facts from the history of the band
In 1999 the 5 guys played in a small pub in Hamburg in front of 16 representatives of well known record companies. Reamonn convinced everybody with their music , so that at the end of that day, the band found themselves in the position of being able to choose their label. Their choice was Virgin Records….

In summer 2000 one song hit in big : “Supergirl”.

Something big started and life would never be the same for the band. ”Supergirl” went rapidly to gold and in 2000 it was the most played song on German radio. Followed by the debut album “Tuesday” and with songs like “Josephine”, “Swim” and “Waiting there for you” Reamonn proved that they were no “one hit wonder”.

One year after the release of the debut album “Tuesday”, the second album “Dream No. 7” entered the music charts. The album again was produced by Steve Lyon, who also worked with Paul McCartney, Depeche Mode and The Cure. In the same year Reamonn also had a guest appearance in the German movie “Mondscheintarif”, in which they performed their song “Weep”.

2003 followed the third album “Beautiful Sky” and with this a very special tour through German pubs introducing the new songs. Reamonn also went on tour with Xavier Naidoo and supported Robbie Williams in Portugal, where the single “Star” was for 9 weeks in the airplay charts and brought the guys closer to their first Gold Award in Portugal. In August 2003 the band won the “Eins Live Krone”  for Best Band National. The award is absolutely popular because the winners are voted by fans.

Further  awards followed: Platinum for the debut album “Tuesday” and also Platinum and Gold for the album “Beautiful sky”.  Remarkable was the Beautiful Sky Tour in 2004.  The band headlined stadiums that held 20.000-30.00 fans, making them one of the few German bands who have managed to gain international acclaim. In fact, experiencing Reamonn live is probably the best way to get to know the band.

With that in mind, the band released a live disc and dvd,  Raise Your Hands, later in 2004.
In August 2005 the band took  a break to head to LA .  There they recorded their the new album with producer Greg Fidelman (Red Hot Chilli Peppers).  It was long time no hear (at least it seemed so long to the fans *wink*). But finally the waiting has an end and the band  is back with a fantastic album: “Wish”…

Discography
Single
• 2007 - "Serpentine"
• 2006 - "The Only Ones" (feat. Lucie Silvas)
• 2006 - "Tonight"
• 2006 - "Promise (You & Me)"
• 2005 - "Sunshine Baby"
• 2004 - "Strong"
• 2003 - "Alright"
• 2003 - "Alright - Pocket"
• 2003 - "Star 2 Track CD"
• 2003 - "Star"
• 2002 - "Place Of No Return"
• 2002 - "Life is a Dream"
• 2001 - "Weep"
• 2001 - "Swim"
• 2001 - "Jeanny"
• 2000 - "Josephine"
• 2000 - "Waiting There For You"
• 2000 - "Supergirl"
Album
• 2007 - Wish - Live
• 2006 - Wish (Reamonn album)|Wish
• 2004 - Raise Your Hands Live Album
• 2003 - Beautiful Sky - Limited Edition
• 2003 - Beautiful Sky
• 2001 - Dream No. 7
• 2000 - Tuesday
DVD
• 2007 - Wish - Live (Live - DVD)
• 2004 - Raise Your Hands (Live - DVD)

In our country Reamonn became well-known mostly thanks to its song “Tonight”.

Tonight

She never took the train alone
She hated being on her own
She always took me by the hands
And say she needs me
She never wanted love to fail
She always hoped that it was real
She'd look me in the eyes
and say believe me.
And then the night becomes the day
And there’s nothing left to say
If there's nothing left to say
Then something’s wrong.

[Refrain]
Oh tonight, you killed me with your smile.
So beautiful and wild, so beautiful.
So beautiful and wild so beautiful and wild.

And as the hands would turn with time
She'd always say that she was my mine
She'd turn and lend a smile,
To say that she's gone.
But in a whisper she'd arrive
And dance into my life.
Like a music melody,
Like a lovers song.

[Refrain]
So beautiful and wild, so beautiful and wild.

Through the darkest night
Comes the brightest light.
And the light that shines
Is deep inside.
It's who you are.

[Refrain]
So beautiful and wild so beautiful... beautiful!

So beautiful and wild…
So beautiful and wild…

Отредактировано St@sya (2007-11-20 23:47:04)

And there are some more photos of the band:

This is the official site of the group.

http://www.reamonn.com/

Do you know that ...

Once again Reamonn have been nominated for the coveted German 1LIVE Krone prize, this time in the category "Best Live Band"! Also in the competition: renowned colleagues like Seeed, the Beatsteaks, Mia. and Clueso. So, despite all collegiality, we ask you to support Reamonn with your vote. You can do so here.

St@sya написал(а):

Tonight
She never took the train alone
She hated being on her own
She always took me by the hands...

St@sya написал(а):

Reamonn is a German rock band

The style of Reamonn is defined as pop rock.

Pop rock is a subgenre of rock music that uses "catchy" pop style, with light lyrics over top of "guitar-based" songs. Scholars have noted that the term "pop" and "rock" are usually depicted as opposites; the detractors of pop often deride it as a slickly-commercial commodity, whereas rock is purportedly an "authentic" and "sincere" form of music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_Rock

Pop Rock. Catchy (at least, supposedly catchy) pop songs, for the most part, guitar-based. This includes most of what is traditionally called "power pop", although that definition is, of course, quite vague, both stylistically and chronologically. The lyrical content is normally secondary to the music, which pretty much makes this the most stubbornly alive genre of all, represented by as many artists today as it was in its early years, from The Beatles up to The Flaming Lips.

Once upon a time there was an Irish student band called “The Reckless Pedestrians” with Rea as singer and guitarist. The band went to Germany playing some small gigs in a pub, that was the first time Mike saw them.
In 1997 Rea decided to turn his back on his band and home town Tralee and decided to leave for Germany,
more precisely to Illmensee in Swabia,  with only  50,00 DM money and a Demo-CD in his pocket. At the
same  time Mike read an advertisment in the local newspaper, called “Stockacher Anzeiger”: Irish musician
looking for a band for album and tour”

“Must be the Irish singer of the Reckless  Pedestrians”, Mike thought and called the given number in the
newspaper and….surprise  ;) , it was Rea he was talking to.

Mike and Rea met and got along right from the start. Mike knew Sebi, Sebi knew Uwe and Uwe brought
along Philipp. So the band Reamonn was born! Very simple, isn´t it?  ;)

Do you know where this story is from  :D

Nastena написал(а):

Do you know where this story is from

Well, look here ....

http://www.reamonn-world.net/

It is rather an interesting group with their onw pecularities...

if you want to know more information about this band, you can find it here:

http://www.reamonn-music.de

Отредактировано St@sya (2007-11-26 23:23:13)

if you want to see video-clips, so this site is for you:

http://www.musikreporter.com/r/reamonn/

Reamonn FanSite (english):

http://www.reamonn-uk.net

St@sya написал(а):

I wish I saw this smile!

Вы здесь » KOLOMNABARS » Music in my life » Reamonn

Создать форум. Создать магазин